[Dixielandjazz] Doctors & jazz

Norman Vickers nvickers1 at cox.net
Fri Dec 2 03:53:32 PST 2005

Re:  your many entries regarding doctors & jazz, especially psychiatrist
Denny Zeitlin

That used to be the introductory joke used by cornetist/bandleader
George "Doc" Ryan's Hot Cotton Jazz Band from Memphis.  George's day-gig
was Chief of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Tennessee
School of Medicine.  He'd be introduced by a band-member as a
professional gynecologist and an amateur musician.  Then the band-member
would say, " and with the other band members, it's the other way
'round."

Norman-I ain't tellin' what I did for a livin'-Vickers