[Dixielandjazz] Re: verse of "The Blackbottom"

Russ Guarino russg at redshift.com
Thu Dec 1 02:27:37 PST 2005

I've never read of anyone else doing this, but when I have a song with negative
[ in today's world ] words, I freely substitute acceptable words.

For example,  I would make the following substitutions

word:  darkies:                  substitute:     ladies

word:  high brown            substitute:     high class

word:  bon bon                substitute:    good guy

Russ Guarino
Clarinet Maverick