[Dixielandjazz] Trumpet mouthpiece for trombone player

Dick Miller Dick_Miller at pmug.org
Mon Aug 29 15:49:14 PDT 2005

Listmates:

I'm a trombone (and euphonium, bass trombone, and tuba, much out of
practice) player who has decided to take a stab at trumpet. I'm currently
using a Bach 3 GS trombone mouthpiece.

Does anyone (preferably in a similar situation) have a recommendation for
the size of trumpet mouthpiece I should be using? My guess is to get it as
deep and with as large a diameter (with appropriate throat and other
internal dimensions) as possible. From what I've seen so far, this adds up
to a Schilke #24. Any comments on that one from those who have used it?

TIA.

--Dick Miller