[Dixielandjazz] Quandary... and more!

Will Connelly willc at highstream.net
Mon Aug 29 11:11:25 PDT 2005

And then there's Alligator Gumbo Parade, which I wrote in 1980 as the
fight song for the Hot Jazz and Alligator Gumbo Society, for which the
lyric goes

                     You squeeze the juice from two ripe 'gators and a
snake or two
                      Add twenty pecks of peppers, red and green will do
                      Use lots of Irish spuds a couple gallons of gin
                      And just a pinch of salt, to seal the flavor in
                      Now add two dozen sacks of onions and you're
almost through
                      You're nearly set to simmer up this zesty stew
                      Toss in the ears, the nose, a couple yards of tail
                      And you'll have Alligator Gumbo by the pail (have
lots of Rolaids handy)
                      Alligator Gumbo makes it wail!

Encore lead sheet available on request

Kindly,