[Dixielandjazz] Re: Way down yonder patter?

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Aug 27 17:26:56 PDT 2005

> Mystery solved: the original 1922 sheet music has the patter, with the
tango/habanera (whichever it is) pattern. And lyrics.<

Dear Sheik,
Great!
Now about my "Sister Kate" query.
>The Cotton Pickers Sept 1922 version of "I Wish I Could Shimmy Like My Sister
Kate" has been a long-time favourite of mine.
But why is the Doddsian clarinet solo by Jimmy Lytell part so familiar?
Something used later by the King Oliver Creole Jazz Band?
I have been trying to identify it ever since I bought the LP all those years
ago.<
Anyone?
Kind regards,
Bill.