[Dixielandjazz] Louis Armstrong pronounced his name "Lewis"

Thompson rebecca.e.thompson at verizon.net
Sat Aug 27 07:25:47 PDT 2005

This has been discussed over and OVER on this list....and I have asked
several close personal  friends of Louis/Louie/Pops/Satchmo what they called
him..........  AND they all gave me the names listed.  HOWEVER when they
refer to him in speaking, they ALWAYS say Louie.  Some people I have asked
are Louie's neighbor, Selma (sorry can't think of her last name), George
Avakian, Dan Morgensturn, Peanuts Hucko and any others I find when we attend
the annual SatchmoSummerfest.

Guess ol' Pops just went around upset with all his associates!!!!! ;-))

Rebecca Thompson
Flower Mound, TX