[Dixielandjazz] I'm Back

Larry Walton Entertainment larrys.bands at charter.net
Thu Aug 25 21:24:48 PDT 2005

Just got back from a vacation - I know what's that?  Went to see the grand kids in Germany - Had a great time.  While in Frankfurt I ran across two guys dressed in Indian outfits playing flutes.  Actually they were pretty good and had the show biz thing down pretty well.  They were selling a CD about every 5-7 minutes and at 16 euro that was some change.  There was an African(?) guy there that drew the biggest crowd.  He had a bunch of drums and got the crowd members playing drums while he played something like bongos above the din.  This guy was pulling down major bucks too.  I couldn't believe it. The rhythm never changed except for some solo things on the bongos and everyone was throwing money.  I came across a guy playing fluegal horn.  I thought he was really good with a great jazz feel.  He had about eighty cents in his hat.  That's show biz.  Other than that there wasn't anything happening musically in the small town I was in.

Coming home on the plane the woman in front of me screached at me to not put my carryon in the compartment because she had her french horn there.  I told her sorry I had just converted it to a cornet.  She failed to see the humor of it all.  I guess I have a gift for saying the right thing for any occasion.
Glad to be back
Larry
St. Louis