[Fwd: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Jamie Cullum or Rob McCallum?]

Len Nielsen lennielsen at telus.net
Wed Aug 24 23:20:41 PDT 2005

Dear Steve

I'm sitting here shaking my head. Your first 2 paragraphs boggle my
mind. You are the only one who is concerned about and discusses the
quality of your music and your line about not caring how OKOM people
view your music indicates that you did not even comprehend my statement.

In reference to "kids like Cullum" you say "Yet you and others disparage
them". We were discussing what effect his performance may have on
Dixieland Jazz not the quality of his performance. Presumably you did
not comprehend this either or maybe accuracy is not a priority in your
posts.

In my original post I made it quite clear that I was pleased with many
things that had to do with OKOM festivals and their music and your reply
was "Yes, totally agree". It hasn't taken you but a few days to forget
this statement and go right back to your usual rhetoric on this subject.

My personal observation of the festival scene is this. The Sun Valley,
Idaho festival is thriving, the Seaside, Oregon festival is thriving,
the Port Angeles Wash. festival attendance figures this year indicate
that it should be in great shape, the Penticton British Columbia
festival is growing each year and the people behind the Victoria BC
festival are working hard to reestablish the festival here, a festival
that has had 1 bad year in the last 23 years. All these festivals with
the exception of Port Angeles, which is totally Trad, play a variety of
OKOM and have done so for many years.

Unless you submit some meaningful statistics to support your doom and
gloom preaching I remain unconvinced. In other words, put up or shut up.

These are my last words on the subject.

It has been a slice.

Len Nielsen