[Dixielandjazz] Way down yonder patter?

David W. Littlefield dwlit at cpcug.org
Wed Aug 24 07:15:52 PDT 2005

Working on "Way down yonder in NO", adding the verse to my sheet in "DixFB
Vol. 1", I found a 1923 record by the Cotton Pickers (on Timeless CBC
1-029). It has the verse (no vocal), which adds to the tune, but also has a
16 bar *tango*. Can anyone tell me whether this is in the sheet music or is
perhaps part of the stock chart?

This CD has some good stuff on it. Despite being accoustic, it's quite
listenable.

A most interesting version of "I wish I could shimmy like my sister Kate".
--Sheik
David W. Littlefield, Piano, Guitar, Banjo, Washboard
http://americanmusiccaravan.com  DFB VOL.2 (C) NOW IN STOCK!!
"BOOK NEWS: click on "Books" click on "Book News"
http://cpcug.org/user/dwlit (Dixie playalong list, other tools)
eMail: dwlit at cpcug.org