[Dixielandjazz] Learning environment

dave at creolejazz.com dave at creolejazz.com
Tue Aug 23 19:01:13 PDT 2005

Good one, Mike. Occasionally, while the Creole Band's playing, a child will
get up and dance and shake and just have a great time in front of the crowd.
After the song, I'll usually say something like, "All children love this
good old New Orleans jazz, folks. It's not until about junior high when
their parents and friends beat it out of them." It gets a laugh but there's
some truth in it. Sad to say.

Dave