[Dixielandjazz] Question on Kings of Dixieland

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Aug 23 11:36:05 PDT 2005

Vickeye--
     Here's the info i have for Volume 4:

4) Kings of Dixieland, Vol. 4	Crown	CLP-5182 (m)	CST-207 (s)
     Don Bonnee (clarinet)    Moe Schneider (trombone)    Dick
Cathcart (trumpet)
     Nick Fatool (drums)      Eddie Miller (sax)          Ray Sherman (piano)
     George Van Eps (guitar)  Allan Reuss (guitar)        Red
Callender (tuba, bass)
     Jud De Naut (tuba, bass)

     The author of the liner-notes cleverly omits any mention of a
banjo-player, but a reasonable person might be forgiven in guessing
that it was either (or both) George Van Eps or Allan Reuss.

     Dan

**  Dan Augustine  --  Austin, Texas  --  ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
**     "Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days
**      on nothing but food and water." -- W.C. Fields (1880-1946)