[Dixielandjazz] Re: Bennies

Bob Loomis miltloomis at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 23 07:38:28 PDT 2005

   I reckon the statue of permutations has
expired by now, so I can tell you that once when
I was a very young (barely drinking age) man, I
took a buncha bennies and spent about 20 hours
having fun, including a trip to a jazz club in
Hollywood where Les McCann, Leroy Vinegar and Ron
(name escapes me) were playing.
   At 2 a.m. had to drive a friend from Hollywood
to Alhambra, then back to my apt. in H'wood. The
crash came as I was driving the H'wood Freeway
through downtown L.A. Almost home safe, but then
I crashed (not literally), and suddenly it was as
though I had tunnel  vision or was looking
through the wrong end of binoculars.
   Took every ounce of will power I had to make
it the few remaining miles back to the pad. Never
repeated that experience. The high wasn't that
great either, compared to other substances ... or
so those who've experienced such things tell me
<GGG> ...

Happy Lost Webtrails, Bob Loomis