[Dixielandjazz] Mr. T's 100th birthday anniversary Revisited

d. sleeman d.sleeman at hccnet.nl
Tue Aug 23 03:56:38 PDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: <dingle at baldwin-net.com>
To: "Robert Newman" <bobngaye at surewest.net>
Cc: "DJML" <Dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>; "d. sleeman" <d.sleeman at hccnet.nl>
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2005 5:24 AM
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Mr. T's 100th birthday anniversary Revisited

Don Ingle wrote:

> Joe, a Canadian living in the Toronto area, may be the ultimate
> Teagarden collector - music, film, literature and biogrpical material.
> So this advice is well given, Bob.
> I have played the Coast Concert album this evening as my tribute.  100
> years is a bit of a key year for birthdate of early jazz standouts. I
> might note that my own father's birth centennial will be in 2006. Spike
> Jones fans be advised, as well as Natural Seven mavens like Jack Mirtle,
> another  Canadian collector of things musically. fun.
> I also played a bit of  tape I made in a motel room in Davenport as a
> Bix fest one year  where a number of msicains jammed. Another Teagarden
> w as thee to pplay piano -- Norma. I always admired Charlie T's great
> trumpet work, and little brother Cub was a pretty good drummer. Perhaps
> Mama Teagarden was the best musician of all for she played well enough
> to insprire such a litter.

At http://www.jackteagarden.com/friendsfamily01.htm Brenda Teagarden writes:

Joe Teagarden and company has made some progress (albeit not as much as we would like) since we last wrote an article on our website. Joe is currently endeavoring to continue his fight with the current bootleggers to enforce all rights of the Teagarden estate. His most recent accomplishment is the court injunction against a major Canadian bootlegger (Joe Showler under Vernon Records) of Jack's music. He continues to refuse, acknowledge or compensate the Jack Teagarden estate. We are in the process of getting a permanent injunction against Joe Showler and all new associates.

Dick Sleeman, Lelystad, Holland.

<d.sleeman at hccnet.nl>