[Dixielandjazz] Benny's From Heaven

John johnstephenson at verizon.net
Mon Aug 22 13:06:22 PDT 2005

Wow! Never in my wildest did I think that requests for lyrics would set off
such a variety of topics; everything from alternative lifestyles ("Kevin,
I'm in Kevin") to Hadacol! Many thanks to Bob Newman and Hal Vickery for the
words, and Bob Cassady for offering the mp3.

John Stephenson

PS: I overheard my dad telling someone he had used bennies. And he was a
minister. During WWII, he fought on the home front by patrolling the beaches
all night as a part of the Coast Guard Auxiliary. (Said he hated the way
they sped his heart up.) He even nabbed a bunch of German spies coming
ashore from a U-Boat. He was ordered never to talk about it, as the gov't.
didn't want the public alarmed.

PPS: Warning: As a result of recent emails, DJML is now being monitored by
the DEA.....