[Dixielandjazz] theater

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Mon Aug 22 09:43:10 PDT 2005

The Canal Street Jazz Band has gone to the theater!  At least an original
composition & recording of our band is being used in a Spanish comedy that
is now touring Spain.  We have great coverage in the program (including our
web page address!), and the music adds a nice touch to this really funny
play.

Just another field to be present in.  Businesswise:  we got paid well for
the creation of the music, the recording session + I got paid for the studio
& production, and we get royalties for the song & a cut of each seat sold (a
tiny cut!).  All legal theater behavior!

I've placed the following blip on our web page (along with a scan of the
program).......

Try to see Miguel Hermoso's latest play to have a good laugh &...hear the
original music written & performed by The Canal Street Jazz Band.

Miguel asked for a "striptease" type of song, so we came up with a number
called "Lazy Blues" which can be heard throught the play. We counted on the
collaboration of our good friend Vladimiro Bas on the sax & clarinet, also.

Thanks, Miguel, for giving us the opportunity to "go to the theater" with
our music.

Jim Kash
www.kashprod.com