[Dixielandjazz] Re: Finding bands

LeslieMRag at aol.com LeslieMRag at aol.com
Sun Aug 21 21:47:04 PDT 2005

I notice that frequently there are queries looking for addresses or phone
numbers for bands and would just like to remind DJMLers that searching on
_www.google.com_ (http://www.google.com)  is a great way to find many of  the bands.
Many bands and musicians have websites with all the pertinent  contact
information, and many of those sites have excellent links pages. (We  also list
musicians and bands on the Mississippi Rag site's links page, but it's  probably
quicker to search on Google.) I always put the band name in quotes to  cut down
on the selections found (i.e. "Uptown Lowdown Jazz Band")--otherwise  you get
Uptown, and Lowdown and Jazz Band in a gazillion possible websites. If  the
band or musician has a website, it's invariably the first one listed on
Google, and you just click on the hyperlink to go to the site. I put a lot  of
hyperlinks on the RAG's website and use Google extensively to find various
artists. I've been using it ever since it was available in a BETA version, and  it's
still my search engine of choice.

Leslie Johnson
_editor at mississippirag.com_ (mailto:editor at mississippirag.com)   OR
_lesliemrag at aol.com_ (mailto:lesliemrag at aol.com) .