[Dixielandjazz] Mr. T's 100th birthday anniversary

Ric Giorgi ricgiorgi at sympatico.ca
Sun Aug 21 13:20:15 PDT 2005

Dear Dick,

I hope respect means as much to you as to me my friend. I think you are WAY
OVERREACTING! Blathering in the English I learned (English is my 3rd
language so please forgive me if it doesn't exactly match your dictionary
definition) means to "talk with little reason or just to talk" - I meant no
offence and apologise if it was taken as such.

You incorrectly claimed that nobody remembered it was JT's birthdate. I only
wanted to point out that doing something about commemorating it was as
important as talking about it.

But NO, "blathering" by what seems to be the take you've given to the word
is not my idea of your post. It is that your claim that nobody remembered
that it was Jack's birthdate seemed very much a put-down of the list.

I support your right not only to an opinion but also to the right to voice
it. If you need to get hot and bothered about something, why not go and
listen to some Teagarden right now so we can both celebrate the man's innate
humanity and decency and enjoy his immense talent and craft.

I mean it pal, with all DUE respect,
Cheers, Ric