[Dixielandjazz] In the bushes ...etc

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 19 17:55:33 PDT 2005

I remember Ray Noble's "Turkish Delight" - funny!

I even remember a verse or two:

There was a chap named Omar and he wore a ruby hat (Rubyiat)
He lived on loaves of bread and thou, but who cares about that?
I can't tell you when he was born, the only date that sticks
Is "Will-aye-am" the conquerer and that's 1066 . . .

Thanks for the recollection, Ed!

Bill "Sultan" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com