[Dixielandjazz] Jamie Cullum

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Fri Aug 19 08:13:49 PDT 2005

 But what a poor advertisement he is for OKOM.
My reason for saying this - he's an awful pianist - clumsy and apparently
untutored.
Brian Harvey
--

Wow!  Some of the comments about this fellow!  Either he got very good, very
quickly, or there are just personal tastes involved in the comments, or I'm

Seriously, this was not a performance for everyone, particularly of our age
(on DJML).  However, I work with all kinds of music in my studio, and am
accustomed to hearing strange sounds.

What I heard was a very rhythmic attitude towards the piano, although when
he did play melodic, it was good.  His voice is very distinctive, and worked
excellently with the overall sound he was attempting.

Nope!  Sorry!  A very professional, if not weird, performance is what I
heard.  And, you'd kill to be able to play with sidemen like he had.

Jim