[Dixielandjazz] JC Johnson and Willard Robison

MARTNO1 at aol.com MARTNO1 at aol.com
Thu Aug 18 22:11:00 PDT 2005

Just did another trip over to Library of Congress to copy some music. The JC
Johnson file had quite a bit of interesting music, including some lead sheets,
and I copied the whole thing. The Willard Robison box was too big to copy
with the amount of money left on my copy card, so I just did the stuff from the
20's (I think only one or two) and thirties, with a couple of later ones thrown
in. Then pulled up a show written by Donald Heywood (composer of I'm Coming
Virginia) called Harlem Swingcopations with five tunes and copied.
     Be happy to make copies of these packages for anyone interested. Just
send me your mailing address and I'll shoot them out over the next few weeks. No
charge. It's sort of fun to look over these piles of music, even if you have
no intention of ever playing them.
     Bill H., I lost your address. I assume you want a copy.
Audrey Van Dyke