[Dixielandjazz] RE: Lyrics for "Oh Mo'nah"

Hal Vickery hvickery at svs.com
Wed Aug 17 19:55:37 PDT 2005

There are so many spellings, that I decided to eliminate the punctuation.  I
left out a few additional lyrics sung either by Washburn or the band, just
to have it make a little more sense.  I've heard the '31 version (but I
think that was from one of those "illegal" web sites I no longer go to that
not only get you in trouble with the RIAA but also fill your MIE with all
kinds of spyware).

I mention that because I also heard some very nice Washburn solo tuba on
something I downloaded from there by Spike Jones and His Other Orchestra:
When Yuba Played the Rhumba on the Tuba.  Which leads me to a question I've
had for a while now.  Does anybody know if Spike Jones played drums in that
group, or did he stand out in front?  I'm curious because the drumming on
that record was quite good.

Hal Vickery