[Dixielandjazz] Unfamous Musicians? Trashing?

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 17 11:33:17 PDT 2005

Kaye Wade <kaye at kayewade.com>

> All I seem to see lately is the "trashing" of the musicians  alive or
> dead & who keep the music going.  Most people are not given the respect
> they deserve until they are dead.  When I worked with Vito Musso , we
> were friends & nobody was famous, also George Rock, Fire House Five,
> and so many others.
>
> There are several on the list who talk a lot & can't back up anything.

Gee, I don't know Kaye. Vito Musso was just about always famous here in the
East USA. Ditto for Fire House Five. They were both revered. However, George
Rock does indeed elude me. Maybe faulty memory.

I don't see much "trashing" going on either.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

PS. IMO this is a great list . . . lots of info . . . lots of ideas . .
lots of fun. It helps to remember that it is not about who/what each of us
is individually. For those who are disturbed by the list content from time
to time consider the following Musical Content: "You're So Vain, You
Probably Think This Song Is About You."  Well, it isn't about you.