[Dixielandjazz] Song search

Andy.Ling at Quantel.Com Andy.Ling at Quantel.Com
Mon Aug 15 02:49:47 PDT 2005

> Fellow DJML'ers,
>
> I have seen references to a web site, I believe, where one can plug in
an up
> or down arrow, indicating whether the next note of a song is pitched
above
> or below the previous note, in order to find the name of the tune.  Can
> anyone direct me to where that is?  Very much appreciated.  Thanks.
>
> Tom B.

I haven't noticed a reply to this yet, so in case you are still searching

One place that offers this is :- http://www.musipedia.org/
You actually enter U, D or R for Up, Down or Repeat rather than
arrow keys, but the idea is the same.

The method you are talking of is the "Parsons Code". So maybe
a google for this will bring up other sites.

HTH

Andy Ling