[Dixielandjazz] Modern Jazz vs Dixieland/Okom

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Sun Aug 14 10:28:55 PDT 2005

Hi Don,  thanks for pointing that insightful first hand truth out,
about the A.S.C.A.P. Mafia,  I know about it but many of the True
Believers on DJML and other sources of lists and organizations for
musicians don't know it or refuse to believe it.

I only meant to speak generically about the royalties situation and the
Gershwin heirs  getting all the money, and yep the Pyramid scheme is
alive and well at A.S.C.A.P. and no doubt will remain so far beyond our
lifetimes.

I am not even certain that the folks who collect the royalties in
Europe are even passing on any leftover money to A.S.C.P. after they
pay their own collection expenses to collect them. :))  Very Doubtful
indeed.

Cheers,

The Check is no doubt lost in the Mail, I am sure they sent it, because
the nice lady in the office told me they did.  :))
Tom Wiggins