[Dixielandjazz] Need help identifying jazz harmonica tunes

John Farrell stridepiano at tesco.net
Sat Aug 13 21:08:49 PDT 2005

Bill Crist said (about Dick Baker's list of mystery tunes) :

<Number two sounds like "Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea">

The same thought occurred to me but I am not altogether convinced that it
is. If you divide Geldray's performance into 8-bar segments, with the
exception of the bridge the only quote from TD&TDBS occurs in the last two
bars of each.

Regarding the first tune on Dick's list it contains quotes from "Sioux City
Sue" but I doubt if it is that tune.

John Farrell