[Dixielandjazz] c melody saxes

Cebuisle2 at aol.com Cebuisle2 at aol.com
Sat Aug 13 19:06:08 PDT 2005

I had always heard that the C melody sax was popular because the player
could read the piano music over the keyboard man's shoulder. Reminds me of a  high
school band director years ago, who complained to me about a girl who
couldn't play her alto sax in tune. The director had the instrument checked out,  no
one could find a problem with it. You guessed the rest-it was a C melody the
student had gotten from her deceased grandpa's attic. She was playing  about
a third apart from the rest of her section!

                tradjazz