[Dixielandjazz] Washboards???Best use of :))

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Fri Aug 12 10:16:42 PDT 2005

 A continuing conversation . . .

  Well mates, being an entrepreneur of things musical, I have discovered
a major problem and of course now the solution to it.

  It has come to my attention over the past ten years or so that there
is a very big problem of long lines at the Porta Potties at all the
outdoor OKOM festivals, the ladies tend to take far too much
unnecessary time in them, though I have no idea why since I have never
seen one with a mirror. :)) This problem causes long lines in the heat
of the day and the cold of the night which has been know top cause some
heavy beers drinkers to resort to unsanitary solutions in the
surrounding area which often results in dead shrubbery and trees and
rather annoying smells emanating from decorative water fountains.

  Now my solution to this growing problem is actually quite simple and I
did not invent it, Musak did a long time ago for the problem they
discovered with needing to clear elevators quickly after some clod had
passed gas on the way to the second floor when  everyone else was
headed much farther up the shaft.  They piped in Musak elevator music
which was so bad it causes folks to get off at the next floor stop and
walk up the  stairs.  This in itself is not a bad thing however, since
it also forces folks to exercise and has been known to eliminate heart
attacks, although in some rare cases it has been known to cause one,
but that's another story.

Now I am offering a new service to pipe in Washboard bands and Banjo
music exclusively into all porta potties at all outdoor events which
should cause the problem to be "quickly eliminated in more ways than
one" reduce the hang time in the porta potties and realize a much
faster turn over of users and increased Beer sales will be a side
benefit form this solution since folks will have more time to drink if
they are not standing in long lines to relieve all that pressure.

I am also working on another solution to increase the profits from the
Beer sales at the festivals, by hooking a filtered Hose line from the
Porta Pottie directly back to the Beer Kegs and a new marketing
campaign for selling recycled Beer rather than just the damned cans and
bottles.   NOw I know this will sound icky to some of ya'll but think
about it a minute or two, especially you Festival Promoters with
non-profit organizations, you can start to realize a PROFIT very
quickly by going this route.

For additional revenues I suggest charging .50 to use the porta pottie,
and a quarter  to make change for them at the table next to them.  And
hey why not charge 'em for wiping paper too, some will buy it and some
won't and just choose to rough it or tear sheets out of their souvenir
festival programs and have to buy another one to find their next stage
and favorite band performance.   Make sure the door only accepts .50
cent pieces so they have to buy change every time.  Nobody has .50 cent
pieces anymore nor do they have a slot for $2.00 bills.   I intend to
fix that problem as well and bring those wonderful inventions back to
their esteemed level of prominence in our society as well.   Use what
you got we don't need nothing new.

 Now this makes cents now don't it.

Cheers,

Tom "Always Thinkin" Wiggins

 Q. What do you call someone who hangs around with musicians?
 A. A drummer

 Q. What do you call someone who hangs around with Drummers?
 A. A washboard Player

 Q. What do you call someone who hangs around with washboard players?

 A. A person with good taste and refinement - schooled in the finer
  things in life and appreciative of the artistic creativity personified
by the
  majestic figure of the washboard player engaged in his never ending
pursuit of
  truth and beauty . . . Thanks to the spark of divinity that lies
within the
  soul of the true artist that he may lead us out of the wilderness and
into
 the realm of pure beauty!

 And fancies "a bit of rough" -- VBG ;-)
 Andy Ling