[Dixielandjazz] Washboards - what and where?

Luís Henriques lhenriques at CriticalSoftware.com
Thu Aug 11 02:53:01 PDT 2005

Hi,

Ok, thanks a lot for your answers (including the funny ones! I've been
laughing a lot reading all these threads!).  I have visited all the
links, searched for all the reference bands (could not find all yet...)
and I guess I have enough information.

By the way: we want to TRY a washboard and, PROBABLY, replace the drums
- but the main goal is to experiment a washboard for a while.  If we
like it, we'll keep it, otherwise we'll use it just in a few tunes (or
give it to some boring woman...).  We are trying to find a sonority to
our band - and the washboard is just one step.

Thanks guys!

--
Luís Henriques