[Dixielandjazz] Trummy in Sacramento

Richard Broadie rbroadie at dc.rr.com
Wed Aug 10 19:41:54 PDT 2005

Bob,

Mood Indigo (Ellington-Bigard-Mills) was written by Ellington AND Bigard.
Duke composed the first strain and Barney improvised/composed the second off
of Duke's changes.  Irving Mills, the publisher, had little to do with it's
composition although he took a composer credit on this song as was true of
virtually everything he published.

My source on this info was Barney Bigard who was a close friend for about 25
years or so.

Dick Broadie