[Dixielandjazz] Washboards???

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Wed Aug 10 12:28:16 PDT 2005

Oh My My My Mike!

It is common knowledge that Drummers are not considered to be REAL
musicians so are totally dispensable at the whims of any bandleader and
a washboardist is just a drummer twice  removed.  Often the same guy
back in a different hat,  or perhaps the band is going on tour and they
want to save the excess weight costs for packing a set of drums.   That
is also why SOOOOO many Drummers are Bandleaders,  Job Security.   Must
be the same for WASHBOARDIST EH!

On a good not however the Washboardist can play rhythm and do the bands
laundry daily as well, and carry his axe in his suitcase and thus have
only one piece of luggage.

Personally O have found a way to travel with no luggage to have to coax
my way through security checks with, I just show up and play rhythm on
the closest garbage can I can find, :))

Cheers,

Tom Back Beat Wiggins
Rhythmeister for
St. Gabriel's Celestial Brass band and sometimes CIRCUS.  :))