[Dixielandjazz] Washboards - what and where?

Phil O'Rourke philor at webone.com.au
Wed Aug 10 04:32:12 PDT 2005

Luis

Try this site.
I don't use one of their washboards but Australian ones are hard to get.
I remember years ago (1976??) seeing an article in one of the major
Australian newspapers about how the shape and material in Austsralian
washboards made the difference in the Australian jazz sound. I think it may
have ben a little tongue in chhek though.

Phil O'Rourke
Tenor Washboard
Australia

www.columbuswashboard.com