[Dixielandjazz] Re: Record Collection Data Base(3)

luis daniel flores luda at arnet.com.ar
Tue Aug 9 14:13:21 PDT 2005

Wim,
I place my CDs by subject: Armstrong, argentinian jazz band, european jazz
band, originales of jazz, women, gospel, blues, etc. And  in here I need my
memory, for example, Kid Ory is Oiriginales of jazz however because he
recorded with Armstrong, his music is on the shelve of Armstrong.
I do not have many LPs, just a few , dont need to classify them.
I do have a numbering system given by the software that store all the data of
my CDs: name of the band,musicians, year, label, number and names of the
tunes, time of each tunes, total time of the CD, subject under I store on the
shelve,etc.
So this numbering system follow chronologically as I get the CDs in my
collection and store them.
This software has a search capacity where you can search by tunes or names, or
name of the CD , etc.
FOr example I want to know all the tunes I have in my collection under the
name ´´frog´´, I put the name frog in the Search engine and give me all the
tunes with that name with the bands or singers, etc. or all the tunes in my
collection of the reverse jazz band, etc.
cheers
Luis
Dr. Luis Daniel Flores FRCOG
www.jazzysentimientos.com.ar