[Dixielandjazz] Has Jonathan Russell Been "Discovered"?

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 1 09:31:07 PDT 2005

Hello List mates:

My phone's been ringing off the hook this morning with calls from local fans
and friends who attended Connecticut Jazz Festival over the weekend and
saw/heard 10 year old jazz violin phenom Jonathan Russell.

They say he was terrific in performance with several bands there. Those from
my local Jazz Society (Tri State) are excited because he is booked with us
(Barbone Street) to perform for them locally on November 20. They tell me
they can hardly wait to hear him again in a 3 hour concert with us. Some of
those who attended from the Pennsylvania Jazz Society also waxed eloquently
about him again. They heard him earlier this past February in concert with
us.

Would list mates who were there please comment? I know he is a HUGE hit with
the "jazz oblivious" regular audiences. Has he now finally been discovered
by the OKOM Festival audiences?

Cheers,
Steve Barbone