[Dixielandjazz] Hello From Hungary

Rick Knittel knittelsportland at juno.com
Sat Apr 30 18:41:42 PDT 2005

I played a gig with Joe Muranyi 45 years ago where the following night at
a party I had to dress up in a gorilla costume. I had the costume in my
car and during our first break, I went out and brought just the head of
the gorilla back in with me. When I put it on and played trombone with
it, Joe made me take it off. He couldn't play because he was laughing too
hard.

One or two years later, Joe came into Arthur's Tavern in Greenwich
Village on a Monday night, sat in and told us he had gotten the gig with
Louis and The Allstars. He said their first performance would be on
Friday and that he had to be at Idlewild (former name of JFK airport) at
5AM to catch a military plane with the Allstars bound for Korea.

Rick Knittel - JAZZBONE