[Dixielandjazz] That Mardi Gras song: "Big Bass Drum" & "To-Wa-Bac-A-Wa"

Craig I. Johnson civanj at adelphia.net
Sat Apr 30 13:59:43 PDT 2005

I saw the word (or phrase) "to-wa-ba-ca-way" in the lyrics quoted.

I understand that the creole or cajun name for the tune
upon which "Bucket's Got A Hole In It" is based, is "To-Wa-Ba-Ca-Wa"
Does anyone know what this means or connotes?
Doesn't look like any French that I've seen, even phonetically.

Craig