[Dixielandjazz] Lyrics wanted

Berry Zand Scholten berryzandscholten at quicknet.nl
Sat Apr 30 11:42:32 PDT 2005

Hello Gerard,

Thank you very much for your kind and fast help concerning the lyrics of
'Big Bass Drum'. Reading your printed version it's understandable that I
could not make too much of Dr. John's prononciation of - for example -
'a-oom-ba-way' and 'n to-wa-ba-ca-way'.
But you helped us out. Great action! It was a big suprise for us to get an
answer from a Dutch listmember. One could expect a reply from the States of
the UK, but the old Dutch expression 'A good neighbour shows to be as
important as a far away friend' became reality again.
Anyway....thanks to the DJML and Gerard Bielderman's great reaction we can
start working on the song with our Pepperhouse Swing Factory. Our
clarinettist/saxophonplayer, Ronald Jansen Heijtmajer, and I will make an
new arrangement for the song and the lyrics were badly needed for rehearsal
and to find out which key is the best for our singer.

(I tried - as some DJML-members also did - to find the lyrics at Google as
well...but no result)

Thanks again, Gerard, and I'll contact you as soon as we have finished the
song.

Best regards,

Berry Zand Scholten.