[Dixielandjazz] lyrics wanted and thans in advance for any help.....

Berry Zand Scholten berryzandscholten at quicknet.nl
Fri Apr 29 11:25:19 PDT 2005

Hi listmates,

I urgently need the lyrics of the song 'Big bass drum on a Mardi Gras Day',
which has been recorded  by Mack Rebenack (Dr. John) and by Chris Barber
(sung by Dr.John).

It's hard to understand the correct words of the song and it's almost
impossible to take them phonetically. It goes like: 'That big bass drum
leads the big parade, all on a Mardi Gras Day....!'

I've allready send an Email to Chris Barber's homepage for help....no reply.
Can anyone provide me the lyrics of that song? We'd like to make a special
arrangement of that typical New Orleans-composition , for our Pepperhouse
Swing Factory (Enkhuizen, The Netherlands) and it's so stupid to use
incorrect words, expressions or to improvise on the lyrics.

Many thanks in advance.

Beste regards,

Berry Zand Scholten
trombonist Pepperhosue Swing Factory