[Dixielandjazz] The Power of Thank You Notes

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 28 20:11:16 PDT 2005

List mates (especially band leaders)

Thank you notes are a part of our follow up routine on all gigs. Sent one to
the 31 year old owner of the restaurant/club in Wilmington DE where we did a
"Dixieland Grand Opening."

Subject Line to him read Thank you. Following is his reply which was under
the subject line of: Thank YOU.

As an aside, when I mentioned this gig to a local Dixieland Literati, and
that the owner was 31 and loved Dixieland, the reply was: "There must be a
defect in his genes."

Ah me, lots of people still don't get it . . . just how powerful this music
is to the young people these days.

Cheers,
Steve

Steve:

You guys were great. It meant a lot that you were with us on opening night.

As soon as this week is over I'd love to sit down and chat about what
regular schedule we can put together.

Again, thank you.

Costa

Constantine S. Dimas