[Dixielandjazz] Paypal and 20J

Dick Miller Dick_Miller at pmug.org
Tue Apr 26 13:08:32 PDT 2005

Gary:

I had a similar experience with a seller in Canada who wouldn't accept
PayPal because the fee for international transactions was considerably
more than for domestic transactions. When I offered to pay the difference
in fee (I was sick at the time and couldn't get out to buy a money order)
he completed the transaction that way. You might check with your seller to
see if that solution might work for him.

BTW, I have a Conn 20J myself. It's a great horn, with a BIG sound that
belies its size as the smallest of the 20J, 24J, 34J family. I've had a
34J in the past, and feel that the 20J was its equal in quality of sound.

Did you know that there was (maybe still is) a marching band at one
University in the U. S. southeast (North Carolina?) whose tuba line used
matching 20Js? If you Google on "Conn 20J" I bet you'll find info about it.

Also BTW, I'm looking to sell my 20J, much as I hate to part with it. I
just don't play it any more, since my leg amputation put me on an electric
scooter. I just stick to marching trombone these days. If anyone is
interested in talking about buying the horn, please contact me off-list.

--Dick Miller
dick_millerATpmugDOTorg