[Dixielandjazz] Beetle hub caps

Robert Smith robert.smith at mitransport.no
Sun Apr 24 01:55:26 PDT 2005

Dear Bill,

Many thanks for the results of your scientific project.

If your player was similar to mine (Lenco L70 - continuously variable from 14 to 82 rpm), then 82 rpm would correspond to a road speed of 6 mph. Traffic conditions being what they are, this speed has probably not been exceeded in Australia (maybe in the Outback, but who looks for swastikas there?) Here in Norway there are stretches of road where I could drive flat out, and thus exceed 6 mph for short periods. However the Norwegians were occupied during Hitler's régime and thus tended to see swastikas everywhere.

To meet the jazz content requirement, I can report that Norwegians today are very jazz-literate. That's why we've been able to run a weekly jazz programme on local radio for getting on for five years now.

Kind Regards

Bob