[Dixielandjazz] Re: Bird Songs in OKOM

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Apr 24 00:43:55 PDT 2005

Dear Don,
You kindly said: >Ah, thank you much, Bill.  This amazing group's record for
knowing almost unknowable things remains intact.  :-)<
Well not quite, so far as my information on this one was concerned!!!
Listmate Glen Page has just taken me to task (off-list) in the most
gentlemanly way, as we would expect from him.
It seems that on the Ken Colyer Joy 194 LP (which he has) 'Ragtime Oriole'
is a pno solo by Ray Smith and, as Glen says, "by the same reasoning that
you excluded Ray Skejelbred's performance and one on a Black Eagle disc this
should also be omitted."
Glen further advised that confirmation of this is shown in Gerard
Bielderman's Ken Colyer discography - which, unfortunately, I do not have.
What a great international and cooperative team we are.
Kind regards,
Bill.