[Dixielandjazz] Regarding Bill Allred

dingle at baldwin-net.com dingle at baldwin-net.com
Fri Apr 22 08:26:11 PDT 2005

Rick Knittel wrote:

>Hello;
>
>This message regarding Bill Allred came to me this morning via Rich
>Johnson of the Bix Fest in Davenport.
>
>Kind Regards,
>
>Rick Knittel - JAZZBONE
>37 Ship Channel Road; South Portland, Maine 04106-5136
>Phone; (207)-741-2407; fax 2409; Cell: (207)-233-3480;
>E-mail; Knittelsportland at juno.com; Winter Office; 7657 Bergamo Ave;
>Sarasota, FL 34238-4765; Phone/Fax; (941)-924-518
>
>Monday, April 25th Bill is going to Tampa to have part of his right lung
>removed as well as a rib. He has sent info to the Fan Club newsletter, so
>it will be known. I don't know about the MEDIA, who can mess up things
>big time, but I would like to get a prayer chain started for a complete
>recovery for Bill, and for Susan's comfort through this ordeal they are
>going through. I went through similar surgery, and I had prayers all over
>the U,.S. and some in England. I KNOW IT WORKED WITH ME, and this world
>needs Bill Allred to Carry on the Music that we love. This world is void
>of the music we help to preserve, and Bill can do it. Thanks for taking
>time to read this. PLEASE DON'T LET THEM DOWN.....Fondly, Marge Ann.

We're signed on. Hope all goes well.
I know one player who has worked for many years on a half lung. Since he
played tuba, it was amazing, but the body does adjust, and knowing how
to use the lung power you have and play right covers a lot.
A first cousin of mine, now gone, played solo -- and sometimes group --
piano for years in the Orlando area and Cape Cod in sumers. Randy and
some of the  Rosie O'Grady gang from the 70's period knew him well. His
name was Rick Askam -- and he was a TB survivor and had a whole left
lobe removed and lived and worked on for many years--  more than 25 --
after that. So given good treatment and the wiillingness to move on
positively and let the body help the healing does work. And with a good
batch of prayers added, we can look for a good outcome for Bill.
Don and Jean Ingle