[Dixielandjazz] Music is ?

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Fri Apr 22 08:25:53 PDT 2005

In a message dated 4/22/05 5:43:51 AM Pacific Daylight Time, lherault at bu.edu
writes:

> There is a difference between music and musical sound.   Birds make musical
> sounds for the most part.  Hoots of owls, while not unpleasant don't strike
> me as musical.
>
> Ron L

Ah but Ron:

I have a bird symphony around my house, and the Big Barn Owls provide the
Tuba and bottom end parts for my thirty Australian Cockatiels,  the off key
squawking of the Blue Jays can get annoying until Mr. Red Tailed Hawk shrieks
passing overhead then they drop out and go into the rest period. :))   Event he
neighbors chickens and ducks add their parts along with the noisy Woodpecker tap
tap taping his dance on the oak tree or the wooden trim of my house
unfortunately.

It gets pretty musical in the morning and the evenings around here.

And lest I forget my Cockatiels like Jazz too.

Cheers

 Tom "The Bird man of Lafayette" Wiggins