[Dixielandjazz] A Must See!!!

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Thu Apr 21 13:11:39 PDT 2005

Bob Romans wrote:

> http://www.thedkgs.com/
>
> Take a look at them!

The name is great.  They take a stab at Kenny G whilst referring to one
of my favorite punk bands (see www.deadkennedys.com).  I'm sure not OKOM
for most on this list.  The Dead Kennedys were part of the original punk
wave which was still a hippy movement, but with a harder sound.  I
actually played tuba in a punk band while at UCLA.  We were called The
Reruns and we played trashed versions of TV show themes.  The DKs have
regularly lashed out against skinheads, racism and 'punk' bands that
push violence.  The original punkers were peacenicks.  The DKs had some
great social protest tunes like

California Über Alles
Man with the Dogs
Holiday in Cambodia
Police Truck
Kill the Poor
Too Drunk to F***
The Prey
Nazi Punks F*** Off!
Moral Majority
Let Them Eat Jellybeans
Wargasm

I can't believe I went on as long as I did about the Dead Kennedys on
the DJML.  I must be fearless or really stupid.  OK Craig, you don't
need to respond to this one. ;-}

All the best, Gary

Gary Kiser
www.sacapulses.com