[Dixielandjazz] Re: Armstrong at Carnegie

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Apr 19 17:10:45 PDT 2005

Dear friends,
Well now!!!!
I've been shot down in flames by Dr. Fred.
And it could not have been by a nicer man!

"Portrait of Carnegie Hall" by Theodore O. Cron and Burt Goldblatt
(Macmillan, 1966): "One of King Louis's best nights was November 29, 1947
[Saturday] at the height of the Dixieland revival. He came into Carnegie
Hall with his new sextet...Jack Teagarden, Barney Bigard,  Dick Cary, Bid
Sid Catlett, and Arvell Shaw.The group was an immediate success."

This was the night before the famous Symphony Hall concert in Boston.
Thanks Fred.
I should have checked with you before opening my big mouth.
Kind regards,
Bill.