[Dixielandjazz] Re: best musician in The Gig

Dave at Creolejazz.com dave at creolejazz.com
Tue Apr 19 15:43:34 PDT 2005

As I remember it, the irony was that Vache's trumpet player character was a
great musician, accepted by Clevon Little's bass playing character as
"professional musician quality", but decides NOT to join the bass player in
another gig after being invited. Whereas the clarinet player, who was a
mediocre musician, really wanted to go play professionally with the bass
player but was rejected. Basically, the guy with the talent decides not to
use it and the guy without talent is forever frustrated. This was just one
of the many little subplots and quirks in this movie that so often resemble
real life. Great movie for jazz band fans and musicians. (Most musicians, I
would think. Ha.)

Dave
"It's a treat to beat your feet."
The Creole Dixieland Jazz Band