[Dixielandjazz] Playing for the young - Swing Dancers

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Mon Apr 18 02:05:46 PDT 2005

As Gary Kiser wrote, referring to where he plays (a bit to the North from
where I am based!).....

We also play weddings and are treated to the full meal, decent pay & good
treatment in general.  Same goes with corporation gigs.

Club gigs are less paid, but more plentiful (& more fun!).  The crowds are
mostly young people.  I must remember to take some pictures of the crowds
sometime from the stage!
We get respect due to the bit of fame the band has from being a steady name
in Spain for the last 38 years.  Plus, we play fairly well!   :>

Jim