[Dixielandjazz] Re: jump

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Apr 17 16:33:35 PDT 2005

 >Joe Boughton, Allegheny Jazz Society, 283 Jefferson Street, Meadville,
PA 16335, has taken over the Jump Label. He puts out a couple CDs a year,
some re-releases, some new.<

Dear Bob,
Thank you for this latest contact for Jump CDs.
Is there a web site? Google did not turn one up.
Worlds Records has 14 Jump CDs listed.
However, what is needed is the reissue of the following wonderful LPs from
the 40s and 50s.
I bet Don Ingle has, or remembers, them all.
Unfortunately, I only have the 5 marked *.

J 12-1.  Red Nichols and His Five Pennies
J 12-2.  *Rosy McHague's Ragtimers
J 12-3.  *La Vere's Chicago Loopers
J 12-4.  *La Vere's Chicago Loopers. Alternate "takes".
J 12-5.  *Pete Dailey and His Chicagoans
J 12-6.  George Van Eps
J 12-7.  Rosy McHague's Memphis Five.
J 12-8. *The 40s in Hollywood.

So far as I know, only the McHague and some Van Epps' sides have made it to
Jump CDs so far.
There were alternate and unissued takes for most of the above sessions which
would make great additions to CD collections.
It would be great to see the whole of the old 78/LP Jump catalogue,
including the unissued sides, come out on CD.
Kind regards,
Bill.