[Dixielandjazz] Re: N.O. J & H -Not OKOM

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Thu Apr 14 15:19:45 PDT 2005

In a message dated 4/14/05 2:49:19 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tubaman at batnet.com writes:

> Anyway, that is why I think the NO J &H is worthwhile - all sorts of
> things to see and hear, and the great local food offered at the
> festival is a compelling bonus! If Sacramento could import the food
> booths along with some of those local New Orleans OKOM bands it would
> be a much better fest as well!
>
> Dave Richoux

I have to agree with Dave here, it is all the versatility in music and tastes
that inspire the younger generations of players not unlike us to experiment
with new sounds and instrument combinations etc. to keep the music fresh and
not be viewed as just another jaded old Dixieland Band by the people who are
going out in big numbers to have a good time at these festivals.

And no doubt about it the FOOD in New Orleans is to die for, for folks with
tastes like mine and Dave's anyway.   Dave your gonna love the Basque Food in
Spain this summer as well, remind me to get you the name of this fantastic
restaurant in Vitoria where the meal starts with you pouring ( catching ) your own
wine from the giant casks with spigots that shoot it out about six feet from
the cask, :))   All you can drink too, before during and after the meal, and
of course you can order Red wine with the meal as well no extra charge.

The meal gives you all the specialties of the House family style and it is a
lot of food to devour.   All for about $27.00 per person.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins
Wish I was there right now.