[Dixielandjazz] NOJ&H

EDWIN COLTRIN boreda at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 14 12:09:35 PDT 2005

ICan remember when the STJS started to put on Zydeco, as a volunteer and devote' to OKOM , I was appalled.

To think that such a forum should be allowed to sully MY festival.

But after a couple of years I recall that there were many visitors marking programs and flocking to hear the different performers and listening to their comments about the Zydeco band when in other venues.

I guess exposure to many different styles, especially when in a festival with mostly OKOM, can bring a lot more people to appreciate OKOM. Look at the toddlers dancing and bouncing to rhythm in the aisles or on parents lap. Or if so able to get on the dance floor and try to emulate the dancers.

However, the other styles leave me cold and I would rather be elsewhere. The Jazz festivals are my catharisis to what purports to be music on most radio stattions

Slainte

YeOlde Mouldy Fygge

Ed Coltrin
WA6FWU